What should you expect when you show up for your first class?
Be sure to bring a water bottle!
When you arrive to Dynamic Dance for the first time, you can expect the following:
- Park in any spot in the parking lot. We are located at 1012 Harlow Rd in Springfield. The studio is in the same building as the Dollar Tree, around the corner right next to the Thai restaurant. Our front door faces the drive through of the First Interstate Bank.
- Expect to be greeted by staff and other dancers. You will be shown where to put your belongings and the location of the restroom.
- If you are the parent of a young child, you are allowed to stay during your child's first class to see how classes run and support your child as needed.
- Classes start with a warm up at the beginning of class including stretching and preparing your body for the movement in class.
- Depending on the class, there may be technique practice in the form of "across the floors."
- Choreography will be taught in each dance class. If you are joining the class mid-season, there will be choreography the other dancers already know. You are not expected to catch up or learn what has been previously taught.
- Dancers will also practice choreography taught in previous weeks.
For information what to wear for specific classes, click on the class description of the class you are attending from the following pages: